ॐ त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम् ।उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान् मृत्योर्मुक्षीय मा मृतात् ।।
"oṁ tryambakaṁ yajāmahe sugandhiṁ puṣṭi-vardhanam ǀurvārukam-iva bandhanān mṛtyormukṣīya mā ∫ mṛtāt ǁ"
OM We worship the Three-eyed Lord who is fragrant and who nourishes and nurtures all beings. As is the ripened cucumber (with the intervention of the gardener) freed from its bondage (to the creeper) May He liberate us from death for the sake of immortality. [wiki]
The Sanatan Shiv Shakti Mandir organization (S.S.S.M) was named so under the basic religion Sanatan Dharma (also called Hindu Dharma), Adi Dev Mahadev and Adya Shakti Maa Parvati. The SSSM was organized as non-profit entity under the guidance of founder-member Pandit Shri Virat K. Mehta and a board of trustees formed for this purpose. Tax-exempt status under section 501 (c) (3) was obtained from I.R.S. An executive committee was formed to look into the activities of the organization so as to ultimately construct a Temple for the vast Hindu community in greater Houston.
The mission of SSSM is:
The goals of SSSM are:
- To provide the best central facility for worship by devotees and a resource center to perform various Hindu religious rites and ceremonies including 16 sacraments.
- To sustain and expand roots of Hindu heritage and Hindu culture along with the understanding of true Indian History and Hindu Philosophy.
- Establish Sanskrit language pathshala to promote learning of Sanskrit
- Mathematics and regional language classes (e.g. Hindi, Gujarati).
- Senior citizen activities and their participation in goals 1 and 2.
- Start youth activities to mobilize their energy in religious direction and promote education and volunteerism among them.
- Indian History and Hindu Philosophy classes.
The Pran Pratishtha of the Deities at this location is scheduled to be celebrated in the Hindu month of Shrawan 2014.